Cannot open Firefox after closing her.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Mar 9 08:20:49 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 14:50 -0800, oldman wrote:
> My small knowledge of programming in C and Assembler indicates that it
> *should* be unlikely to have different things happen depending on
> which exit you choose.  The usual rule is to make 1 exit routine (the
> code that cleans up memory and releases it back to the system etc.)

It really ought to close no matter which method you use (the right-most
close X gadget, the left-most titlebar menu close, the file menu close,
or ALT+F4), as users expect this.  To do otherwise is to invite
problems.

There are some programs which deliberately don't exit when you close the
window, as that window is only an interface to some of the program's
features.  e.g. Pop up windows in the web browser, the buddy list window
in Gaim, etc.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.