solution to evolution problem

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Sat Mar 10 02:46:47 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 19:12 +1030, Tim wrote:
> Robert Locke:
<snip>
> > Sorting appears to be done on the first message in the thread.  When that first
> > message in the thread is deleted, the remainder of the thread is
> > "relocated" to an appropriate spot.
>
> Since I turned off hiding deleted messages, I haven't seen the order
> scramble around.  I just turned it back on and tried deleting some mail.
> With the date column being used to order the threading, message ordering
> can jump about, depending on what you delete.  Without the date column
> being used, they don't.

<snip>
Now, that makes sense.  The "unhiding" is an option I had never noticed
before.  I must admit to occasionally trolling through the Trash to
retrieve something that I twitched on..... :-)

I am going to have to play with that option later, it sounds like it
"fixes" the real problem for all of us.... :-)

--Rob