Google Earth stuck in graphics emulation

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Mar 10 15:02:16 UTC 2007

> I have found out that my repo isn't always up to date on kernels. So I
> occasionally get something like:
>
> --> Processing Dependency: kernel-i686 = 2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.fc6 for package:
> kmod-ntfs --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: kernel-i686 = 2.6.19-1.2911.6.5.fc6 is needed by
> package kmod-ntfs
>
> To deal with that, I simply wait until my repository is up to date. Of
> course, you could switch repositories, or use the "mirror" line in
> your yum configuration instead of a specific repository.

Have you tried installing yum-fedorakmod ?

yum-fedorakmod.noarch                    1.0.3-1.fc6            extras
Matched from:
yum-fedorakmod
Yum plugin to handle fedora kernel modules.
Plugin for Yum to handle installation of kmod-foo type of kernel modules, when
new kernel versions
are installed.
kmod-foo kernel modules is described by the Fedora Extras packaging standards.
http://linux.duke.edu/yum/download/yum-utils/

Its quite nice, since it 'educates' yum to be a bit more sane with kmods - For
instance, if a new kernel comes out you won't offer it as an upgrade option
until all kmod's you have installed are also available for the new kernel. If
you don't mind not getting new kernels straight away (usually only a few
days) its pretty useful.

Chris

p.s. There are quite a few other useful yum plugins out there - Try
running 'yum search yum'