Compile pgadmin3 on Fedora 6

Josh islifefun1975 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 10 15:56:49 UTC 2007

Giandomenico De Tullio <ghisha at email.it> wrote: Josh ha scritto:
> Since pgadmin3 on fedora6 x86-64 is quite old (1.4.6 vs 1.6.2) I tried compiling it.
>
> Installed wxGTK and wxGTK-devel (via yum). Could not find wxWidgets package (via
> yum).
>
> When compiling pgadmin3, I get ..
>
> "checking PostgreSQL in /usr... ok
> checking wxWidgets in /usr... failed
> configure: error: Your wxWidgets installation cannot support pgAdmin in the
> selected configuration. This may be because it was configured without the
> --enable-unicode option, or the combination of dynamic/static linking and
> debug/non-debug libraries selected did not match any installed wxWidgets libraries."
>

> Any help is appreciated? should I compile wxwidgets from source? *sigh*

Yes. i should recompile (rebuild :p ) wxGTK-2.8.x from source: Package
source ( .src.rpm )

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/SRPMS/compat-wxGTK26-2.6.3-2.src.rpm

(for not breaking deps...)

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/SRPMS/wxGTK-2.8.0-2.8.0.1.3.fc7.src.rpm

Or, wait for a Fedora7 release :)

Thanks for your response

Fedora 7 is far away! I'll attempt compiling wxwidgets 2.8.0 and pgadmin3 1.6.2..

Josh