Problems installing packages

Hikaru Amano kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 00:53:11 UTC 2007

On 3/11/07, Robe <robe at prodal.telemar.cu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the "Add/Remove" option in the "Accessories" menu from
> gnome desktop to install the assembler "nasm" and the editor "ghex2" but I
> get the following error "Unable to retrieve software information".
>
> I have access to the internet because I can access to Google pages and so
> on..
>
> Robe.

It might have been some connection error .. I get that sometimes too ..

btw .. sometimes DNS resolution might mess up if your router/computer
are using IPv6 on a IPv4 network ..(all DNS resolves to 1.0.0.0) ..
disabling IPv6 and setting the nameserver to your ISP nameserver IP
instead of the router's IP helps ..

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail