Looking for WiFi card recommendations

Andrew Parker andrewparker at bigfoot.com
Sun Mar 11 21:36:54 UTC 2007

I need to get a WiFi card for my laptop, and could do with some
recommendations as to what to get.  My preference is for an 802.11g,
but would be prepared to splash out for 802.11n if its known to work
well under FC6.

Ideally, I would be able to get this from a bricks & mortar store
rather than order over the internet, so a common brand such as linksys
or d-link would be great.

What I've found so far is that people recommend chipsets, but I have
been unable to establish how I can work out the chipset of a product -
particularly when I'm in a store looking at a bunch of boxes.