Daylight Saving Time (DST)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 12 08:39:46 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 20:10 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> The problem with duel-booting and having the clock in local time is
> that the system has no way to tell if the other OS has already
> corrected for the time change.

Not really so.  If you have the timezone set correctly, no matter what
the clock is set to (local or GMT), it can tell if your clock is set
correctly against an NTP server.  All the information is there for it to
be able to work it out.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.