FC6 Shutdown

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 21:33:42 UTC 2007

2007/3/12, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>:
> On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 16:06 +0000, Benton Middleton wrote:
> > try using the command - - shutdown, shutdown all, or shutown now
> >
> > these work for most all Unix systems.
> I have had this poweroff problem on my FC6 machine. I complained enough
> about it on the list. From my experience the problem will not be
> corrected by typing poweroff or shutdown -h now
>
> It is an acpid problem and that is where to look for a solution. For
> example is ACPI turned on in the BIOS, is the acpid script being run,
> etc. Sometimes a parameter like lacpi must be placed on the kernel line
> of grub menu. The only difference with my situation is the power never
> went off while in the situation of the OP the power sometimes did go
> off.
> --
> Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>
>
> --

Please read the first post: it is not a problem of command (shutdown,
halt, etc) but it is a problem with the graphical procedure in Gnome
when I hit the Stop button in System/Stop.
The system doesn't start the Stop procedure, it continues to run:
after re-running procedure, systems power-off correctly. It started
happening recently, I don't know exactly when...all 3 systems are
fully updated
The problem of not powering off has been solved in the past thanks to Aaron

Tnx
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag