DVD frustration

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Mar 12 22:40:32 UTC 2007

On 12Mar2007 11:51, Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
| Procedure may be relevant:
| I start xine and insert disk.  I wait for automount to offer options and
| select 'Do nothing'.  Only after that do I hit the DVD button in xine.  I
| have noticed that the xine screen header shows the 'no mrl' message long
| before I get to that - in fact it appears to be immediate.  Does this suggest
| anything?

Some checks:

  - does /dev/dvd point at your DVD device (/dev/hdd? just guessing from
    your transcripts)

  - from a command line, does this:

      xine dvd:/

    work? The [DVD] button should be the same thing, but work checking.
    If not, and error messages in the terminal window?

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Artificial intelligence won't make a micrometer out of a monkeywrench.
        - Rick Gordon <rickg at crl.com>