FC6 Shutdown

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 13 08:44:19 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 09:21 +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:
> Some misunderstanding comes from translation (I am running Fedora in
> Italian) When I open the window System/Stop I have three options
> (buttons): Restart/Cancel/Stop from left to right.

Okay, I'm pretty sure I know the steps you're taking to get to that
option.

> It happens when I want to stop the computer.Sometimes it doens't stop
> and I have to go trhough System/Stop/Stop procedure (always
> graphically)

I was thinking that maybe there was some task that hadn't finished yet,
and you were stuck waiting for it before a log-off would happen.  But I
don't think it'll let you pick the menu item again in that state, it'll
just wait around until it can log off.

Does it work reliably if instead of doing a shutdown from that menu, you
just log out, and then pick shutdown from the login screen?  Does it let
you log out straight away, and does that shutdown option actually shut
down?

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.