Split Sendmail Config

Jonathan Allen jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 12:48:23 UTC 2007

Jim van Wel wrote:

> You should get an error back. So what's the error?

No error, it never leaves the queue.  It just sits there complaining
about a read error.  Standard "warning 4 hours" and then "error 5 days"
messages from sendmail on our mailhost.

If I switch over for ten minutes to our ISP's smarthost then it's
gone in just a few seconds and charter.net accept delivery from them.

If I try to connect to their SMTP port by hand:

   mirror!~ % telnet charter.net 25
   Trying 64.192.190.12...
   telnet: connect to address 64.192.190.12: Connection refused

So I think it's an IP address based thing at their end.

Jonathan