Yet another FC install: kernel panic after boot from DVD

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 12:51:20 UTC 2007

On 13/03/07, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 10:06 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > As I have no white grease at home, I disassembled this box (P4) and
> > salvaged it's grease. So until I get my hands on some more grease,
> > this box is grounded.
>
> It's not particularly re-usable.  Regrease using new grease as soon as
> possible.

Will do, thanks. I see that it didn't bring the temp of the machine
down at all. It's at a steady 68 dC so I'm not turning it on. The fan
works fine, and I cleaned all the dirt away, so I cannot imagine why
it is so hot. It's not overclocked or anything. And the ambidient
temperature of the room is actually quite cold.

Dotan Cohen

http://essentialinux.com/emulators.php
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/kde.html