Dell survey on which Linux they should offer

Michael A Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Mar 14 08:16:54 UTC 2007

I voted for Fedora - but in the blog comments, I stated I really didn't
care because I would do a clean install anyway, even if they shipped my
preferred distro.

What matters to me is good hardware support. I expect to be able to have
a PCI card in my laptop doc, and a hard drive in my laptop dock, and be
able to dock and undock my laptop w/o needing to power off.

I expect the hardware I pay for to be fully functional in Linux. That's
what matters to me, not what distro happens to be sitting on the hard
drive when UPS drops it off.