Setup of PPPoA on FC6

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Thu Mar 15 13:40:54 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 11:29 +1100, Simon Slater wrote:
> 	Hello again, this is my first post in a couple of years and have
> recently upgraded to FC6.
>
> 	I am setting up an ADSL connection in to a Speedstream4200 router. The
> connection from the router to the ISP is good. Through the logs I can
> see that it is giving an IP address through DHCP.  I am using 2 NICs and
> eth1 connects to the router.  I cannot seem to get the connection
> working.  I have created a DSL device in network configuration and also
> used adsl-setup which created a ppp0 device, but neither work.  From
> various googlings I have run these with iptables on and off but to no
> avail.

it sound like you don't need to configure an adsl interface on your
linux box as that is already taken care of by your speedstream.  you
just need to configure a regular ethernet connection with dhcp so your
box will pull a dynamic address from your adsl router.

internet <---adsl---> speedstream <---regular ethernet ---> linux box

--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E