Evolution and Seahorse playing together

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Mar 16 00:22:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 21:45 +0100, Markus Lindholm wrote:
> Isn't it more of an Evolution issue? Shouldn't it give more control to
> the user? I mean even if it finds a perfect match it would be nice if
> it would show a dialog after pressing the send button saying something
> like 'You're about to send this letter signed with this key and
> encrypted with this key. Would you like to add/remove some keys?'

No, Evolution is a mail client, this is a PGP/GPG issue.  It's debatable
whether it's an issue with the application or the user.  Their address
is how most mail clients will find the right key to encrypt a message
against.  A user should set up their public key with the addresses it'll
be used with.  If they can't get that right, they shouldn't fob the
problem off onto someone else to resolve.

On my keyring there's plenty of keys that have several addresses in
them.  If I try to post to any address that's listed, the mail client
will pick the right key.  If it didn't work that way, I'd have to search
through a list of keys trying to find an appropriate one, by hand.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.