Nautilus limits?

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Fri Mar 16 11:12:20 UTC 2007

I'm trying to copy thousands of downloaded files to CD-Rs and DVD-Rs
before replacing FC6 with the new RHEL5. So far I've been able to burn
dozens of ISO images to discs. Last night I successfully copied 3083 RPM
files totalling 4.1GB to a Nautilus CD/DVD Creator folder. Then when I
clicked on the Write to Disc button I got a grayed out Write to Disk
window and a spinning cursor indication ("processing"), but nothing else
for more than twelve hours.

This SuperMicro server has gobs of resources: two dual-core Opterons,
8GB of RAM, and 1TB of disk space (2% used). Is Nautilus 2.16.2 really
that slow creating an intermediate DVD image file, or am I running into
some obscure maximum file number or image size barrier limit?

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL