Networked hard drive

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 16 16:40:21 UTC 2007

On Thursday 15 March 2007, Bryan Hepworth wrote:
> Frank Cox wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:30:09 +0000
> >
> > Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Freecom Classic SL
> >
> > This review:
> >
> > http://www.trustedreviews.com/networking/review/2005/07/31/Freecom-Classi
> >c-SL-Network-Drive/p2
> >
> > suggests that the drive you have requires a custom device driver of some
> > kind.
> >
> > For example, this sentence stands out:  "The Device Management software
> > is available for both Windows and Mac OS 10.x ."
>
> http://code.ximeta.com/trac-ndas/wiki/HowToBuildRPM
> http://code.ximeta.com/trac-ndas

Well, wadyaknow?  Went down the usual path of asking the manufacturer's
support (Freecom) about linux driver, and got this response within minutes:

Freecom Network drives use technology licenced by XIMETA.
You can find linux NDAS drivers on their website.

http://www.ximeta.com/web/support/download/linux/index.php

I'm not sure if they support ext3 filesystem. Drive may need to be
reformatted to fat32.

So there we are!  Thanks, Bryan.  I'll be looking into this further over the
next few days, once I've caught up with the urgent stuff.

Anne