mgetty question

Don Russell fedora at drussell.dnsalias.com
Fri Mar 16 18:12:51 UTC 2007

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> By the way, how are you planning to use the CID information? Are
> just recording it?

1 - record it
2 - web application
2a - make it available on my web server so I can check calls remotely
2b - forward call details to to my cell pone as text message for
selected calls/time of day etc.
2c - that call is for my wife/daughter... click - send e-mail/cell phone
text message with call details
3 - answer/hang up on unwanted telemarketers (answer with a modem tone
should stop their their auto-dialers) And if someone calls trying to
connect ... not likely... modem is set to have a very short "time to
detect carrier", by the time the modem has started all it's can you do
this? and what about this? and that too? oops, timed out...
4 - if I had a different modem, I'd generate the SIT tones for the
unwanted telemarketers.... but I have this old modem lying around doing
nothing useful.

That's all for now :-)