FC6 Network installation breaks at stage2.img

Jeroen Lankheet admin1 at lankheet.com
Fri Mar 16 21:47:44 UTC 2007

Ed Landaveri wrote:
> Jeroen,
> Try to check out what the installation log (CTRL+ALT+F3) says. I used
> to have the same problem with an FTP installation on the same subnet.
> It used to be I had to run iptables -F on my FTP server for the
> duration of the install and also I have to check how the ports were
> configured on my switch (Cisco 6500). Once I placed both to duplex
> auto, speed auto, the problem dissapeared and the installation
> continued normally.
> I've never done an http install before but you have to analyze if
> you're doing the installation on the same subnet or from a different
> one. Also if your installation is being perfomed over differents
> networks and theres a router in between, then probaby you might have
> to check if there's any access list and how your switch ports are
> configured. If your server/client are on the same subnet it could be
> something like the problem I had. Also if they're on the same subnet,
> I would try an FTP installation better is easier faster and lest prone
> to time outs.
>
> Regards
>

> Linux user number 433512
> "Free as in Freedom":
> http://counter.li.org

> 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick
> <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news> in no time
> <http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news>
Thanks for the tip.
I'll go and check next monday, when I'm at the system's premises again.
But the system to be installed is behind a firewall, no FTP, and only a
HTTP proxy is available. I don't have access to the switches. And the
only servers available are definitely on different subnets.

Regards,
Jeroen.