FC6: yum update problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 17 13:34:57 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 13:14 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I found the simplest solution for me was to change the line
> gpgcheck=1
> in /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo to
> gpgcheck=0

It has to be said that that's very bad advice.  The check's there for a
reason, anything that fails the checks shouldn't be installed.  Only
broken things have failed the checks that I've ever heard of.  They get
fixed soon enough.  But if you don't check, you can install anything
claiming to be something that it isn't.

--
(This PC runs FC4, my others FC5 & FC6, in case that's important
 to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.