Anaconda + a mirrored Updates repo = weird installation

Hikaru Amano kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 16:19:46 UTC 2007

A friend of mind requested me to install F6 on his box ...

being lazy to update the installation later, I set up his installation
to fetch updated rpms from my local mirror of Updates repo (mirrored
using reposync) by adding the repo into "Other Repositories"

after installation , I got a kernel panic in the installation. The
error said something about SElinux, so , I reboot it and ran with
selinux=0. Another problem appeared -> unable to find inittab ..

feeling curios about the installation, I ran the rescue mode from the
install DVD. A look in the installroot shows something interesting ->
stuff installed in the wrong place!

in / theres some stuff not supposed to be there , some folders that
supposed to be in /etc or /lib appear in / .. some files are missing
etc ... I didnt investigate further about it however... I wanted to
finish the installation quick , so i restarted the install using
normal way and it succeeded ..

maybe somebody can look into this ??..

regards
Hikaru