DNS resolution problem

Guillaume guillaume.chardin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 17:40:14 UTC 2007

2007/3/17, replies-lists-a1z2-redhat at listmail.innovate.net
<replies-lists-a1z2-redhat at listmail.innovate.net>:
> i believe that this is an ipv6 issue. see:
>
>  <http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-March/msg01066.html>
>
> based on the follow-up remark, the suggestion there worked.
>
>    - Rick
I try the same... but nothing better happen.
the default routetable is OK.
No firewall is enabled.

2007/3/17, Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.com>:
> On Sat, 2007-03-17 at 16:25 +0100, Guillaume wrote:
> > 2007/3/17, Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com>:
>
> > > cat /etc/resolv.conf
> > nameserver 192.168.0.201
> > nameserver 130.244.127.161
> > nameserver 130.244.127.162
> > domain localdomain.local
>
> What bout adding a search line to your resolv.conf?
I don't think it solve my problem, i can resolv name of the local
domain if i use a full dns name.  ie: websrv.localdomain.local
If i understant the help, the search option is used to automaticly
append other domains to hostnames.
-> i add search line, but it don't work too

> domain localdomain.local (shouldn't that be localhost.localdomain?)
> search swip.net
> nameserver 192.168.0.201
> nameserver 130.244.127.161
> nameserver 130.244.127.162
>
> What is the first name server (192.168.0.201)?
The first line is the gateway, it can do dns relay, i use it on other computers.

--
Guillaume