A firefox secret

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Sat Mar 17 21:57:22 UTC 2007

Today Dotan Cohen did spake thusly:

> On 17/03/07, Scott van Looy <scott at ethosuk.org.uk> wrote:
>> > I know that. But when I'm wearing me "end user" hat, I don't care
>> > about technical reasons. I want things to work.
>>
>> That's nice, but you're blaming the wrong people. :P
>
> No, I'm not. A web browser is a client-side app, therefore it should
> do what the client wants. Even if web designers used px measurements,
> the browser should override that with the user's preference.

No it shouldn't. It should provide a way for the designer of the page to
allow this behaviour, which it does.

> The term
> "large fonts" means "make the fonts bigger than they normally would
> be", not "make some of the fonts bigger than they normally would be".

As I said, depends if the site developer has a clue...

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

Will your long-winded speeches never end?
What ails you that you keep on arguing?
 		-- Job 16:3