Where's kernel-xen 2.6.20?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Mar 18 12:22:37 UTC 2007

Tom Horsley <tomhorsley <at> adelphia.net> writes:
> I can think of two possible reasons:
>
> 1. Xen hasn't yet been ported to 2.6.20

Indeed, the Xen port wasn't ready when that 2.6.20 update was pushed. Juan
Quintela committed it to Fedora's CVS in the meantime, and it should be in the
next update, which is probably going to be out next week (according to Chuck
Ebbert's reply last time someone asked, I don't have the archive link right
now, sorry).

> 2. Fedora is dropping xen now that KVM is the official supported
> linux virtualization mechanism (certainly KVM seems superior
> in every way except support for old hardware).

According to the Fedora kernel maintainers, there are no plans to drop Xen
right now (at least that was the latest from Dave Jones's blog).

        Kevin Kofler