yum update -> Missing Dependency for libdevmapper.so.1.02 (FC5)

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 17:07:19 UTC 2007

On 3/18/07, J.Moore <listreader1 at cullmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, but I'm still stuck... here's the sequence of events.
>
> I d/l the rpm package you referenced, placed in my pwd (jamoore), ran
> the "rpm ..." command, and then tried another "yum update". It ended as
> before  :(

Have you "cleaned out" yum?

# yum clean all && yum update

Have you tried rebuilding the rpm db?

# rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*
# rpm -vv --rebuilddb

I've never had a problem rebuilding, but some have suggested making a
backup of /var/lib/rpm before doing so - if you have the disk space it
wouldn't hurt ;)

Those are the first two steps I take when yum/rpm start acting wierd.
Most of the dep problems I've had come from mixing repos, and can be
solved by temporarly removing packages and adding them back later.

Good luck!

Chris