I don't want a keyring password

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun Mar 18 22:55:58 UTC 2007

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Gnome apparently refuses to create a keyring without a password.
>
> This means that after I supply my login id and password, a few seconds later
> Gnome wants another password from me, to unlock the password for my wireless
> Lan.
>
> Is there a way to get rid of this nuisance?  ssh won't force a password on
> me.  GnuPG won't.  Gnome shouldn't, either.

If you want to request the option to not require a password, file a bug at
gnome.org.

If you just don't want to have to enter it, install pam_keyring.  If your
keyring password is the same as your login password, you should not have
to enter it anymore.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences