DNS resolution problem

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 19 12:24:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 11:43 +0100, Guillaume wrote:
> After some searchs, it seems that my dlink gateway does not support IPv6.
> I follow some steps to deactivate ipv6 modules & edit
> /etc/sysconfig/network to disable it (NETWORKING_IPV6=no)
> But i notice no change, the dns resolution resolve hosts as 1.0.0.0
> any new idea ? (buying new gateway is not a good tips :-) )

Plan to have to replace it, though.  Or at least keep an eye out for
upgraded firmware.

It's been clear, for a number of years now, that the future would *NEED*
to use IPv6, yet manufacturers keep on churning out stuff that won't
support it.  At this stage I'm only aware of there being some "test"
sites that *require* IPv6.  It won't stay that way forever.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.