FC6 display on TP60p flakes out just before login screen

Whil Hentzen linuxnews at hentzenwerke.com
Mon Mar 19 16:06:13 UTC 2007

> Dumb question - have you applied the updates after the re-install?
> Before the Xorg updates, I had problems with my ViewSonic VA912b not
> detected correctly on my desktop, so you may be having the same problem.

Hi Mikkel!

Yes, I've done the software update. This is a really odd problem.

I can boot the machine and see the display fine on the laptop display.
When I connect the external, I can see the boot sequence all the way to
where the graphical login should display, then I get a "No Sync" on the
display and blank.

OK, I found it. Jeesh. The default res is 1400x1050 on the TP LCD.
However, I found a note to myself that says

"I found the default display resolution of 1400x1050 doesn't work well
with my VX900 external monitor. Changing to 12x10 works much better."

I edited the xorg.conf to 12x10 and now the external display is just peachy.

I guess I need to carve this in my forehead, and then hang mirrors all
over the place.

Whil