convert VHS to DVD

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Mar 19 17:54:34 UTC 2007

Mick Mearns wrote:
> Hi list;
>   I have some older "store-bought" VHS tapes that I want to convert to
> DVD.
> Some of them are copy protected.
> I own them all, I just want to change from tape to disc.
>
> Can this be done under Fedora?
> What is required?
>
> I have a video capture card already that has composite or s-video in.
> Leadtek winfast 2, BT878 .
> Of course my VCR only has composite out.
>
> Any help/advice would be great.
> I am running FC6 and KDE
>
> Mick M
>

> Death before Decaf!!!

Sorry for the late response but I just got this link today that follows
part of this thread and I thought it is useful.

Advanced video stabilizer with high quality S-Video support
http://www.dimax.com.ua/grex/grex.shtml

You could also import the videos as a *.dv file and run it through kino
or cinepaint to correct image the issues.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.