Bluetooth (bluez) under Fedora-6

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Mar 20 04:10:20 UTC 2007

Hikaru Amano wrote:

>> I am running bluez under Fedora-6
>> (I have installed all bluez* packages)
>> and want to link to my phone (a Sony-Ericsson T630)
>> using gnokii.
>> Unfortunately, I seem to be unable to set a bluetooth pin
>> on my computer.

> try using
>
> security user;
> dbus_pin_helper;

Thanks for your response.
I tried all your suggestions, but without success.

> I had this problem 2 days ago with my new SonyEricsson k320i ... and I
> couldnt find any bluez-pin etc on rawhide ... with that settings, the
> bluetooth-applet will ask the pin ..

I'm not sure what you mean by the bluetooth-applet.
I am running KDE, and don't see any such applet.

> if you want to put the pin directly into the config .. try using this
> in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
>
> security auto;
> passkey "0000";

I tried that, again without success.

When I run "strace gnokii --identify" it looks as though
the program might be looking for some kind of X permission -
I saw in older postings it was suggested one should say "xhosts +",
but I'm not sure what is the equivalent command with xauth,
if indeed there is one.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366