Ubuntu 1, Fedora 0

Hikaru Amano kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 12:31:35 UTC 2007

On 3/20/07, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
> The avg user does not give a shit about the politics of it, they just want
> to do it!

The law is still the law .. in some countries avg users dont care
about piracy, they just want to use it .. does that mean piracy is
okay???  no its not ..

> this legal bullshit argument has been had out on this list so many times
> ive lost count, the end of it is if we are to convert win users to linux,
> forget fedora, because like it or not, they want to play there mp3's and
> fedora does not allow that out of the box, remembering most win uses are
> non technical savvy and wont want to go to hassle of qadding in this repo,
> adn that repo to geet other stuff their win box currently does by default,
> like 99% of other linux distros also do by default, if one doesnt do it by
> default, they look elsewhere, thats the facts, I here it every day in my
> attempt to convert, so I no longer recommend fedora.

wait till pungi/pilgrim/revisor finish , create your own spin with mp3
support .. just dont name it fedora .. and take responsibility for it
if you got a lawsuit because distributing mp3 decoders ..

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail
Amano Hikaru