Recipe for Li-Ion battery longevity

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Mar 20 14:10:59 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:

> Standard advice for rechargeable batteries is to use them, you get your
> money's worth that way.  If you don't make use of them, it's a waste.

I'm not sure what this means.
Surely most people will use a laptop
(or indeed any device with a rechargeable battery)
if they have one?
What else would you do with it?

What I find amazing about this endless discussion
is that it must be the simplest thing in the world
for a lab to work out which usage gives the longest life.
On the other hand, it is difficult for a person with one
or even a few laptops to run an experiment on these lines.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366