Recipe for Li-Ion battery longevity

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 20 20:32:33 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 23:28 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> >> Come on, that's like saying the power switch on my desktop system running
> >> FC6 broke, hence on topic.
> >>
> >> Your owners manual should have all the information you need.
> >>
> >> Besides, what do you think you will get from the folks here other than more
> >> opinions?
> >>
> > Your laptop came with a manual. You are lucky. My Dell Latitude D810 was
> > manualess and one had to guess what all the function keys and ports did.
>
> http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&cat=sup&cs=&k=Latitude+D810&qmp=12&p=1&subcat=ddc&sort=K&snpsd=A&nf=&dt=&navla=&fm=&ss=&ira=False&cp1=-1&cp2=-1&si=&spf=&ssysid=&ssysn=&stag=&~srd=f
>
> Lists a total of 61 manuals for this system.  The Dell I had years ago came
> with a CD with all the manuals you'd ever need.  Maybe your system fell of a
> truck?
You list of manuals are interesting and some are probably useful if you
want to service the computer yourself, but let me point out two things:
1. Can't find among them a manual that tels you what the FN keys do.
Maybe I missed it.
2. No CD comes with this machine nor would Dell admit that one exists. I
mean a CD with a real Users Guide.

Chef, n.: Any cook who swears in French.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net