Firefox updates

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Mar 22 15:25:07 UTC 2007

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 06:20:35PM +0000, Jonathan Allen wrote:
>> We run (and are currently happy with) FC4, but want to update to Firefox 2.
>
> It's nice that you're happy with it, but if not for yourselves, for the sake
> of the rest of us, please upgrade to a version that is receiving security
> updates. We really don't want to get the additional spam once your machine
> is broken into and taken over.
>
> And a nice side effect is: you get updated software, including Firefox 2,
> and all the other packages Fedora developers have worked hard on.

I use FC4 at home and planning on installing FC7 when it comes out.

If the upgrade path was easier, I would be running FC6 at home.  I tried
to upgrade to FC6 at work and it wasn't that pleasant.  As I have to
have the machines upgraded and configured so my kids can do their
homework and my wife won't strangle me :) I want a clean upgrade route.

BTW, I have installed FF2.0 at home from Remi as well.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.