How to play an audio CD?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Mar 22 21:54:48 UTC 2007

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 22 March 2007, alan wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>
>>> Can someone please explain to me how to play an audio CD in FC-6.
>>>
>>> I insert the disc, an icon pops up on the desk top, I can select xmms,
>>> but after that I am lost?
>>>
>>> The real problem is trying to troubleshoot a Windows2000/FC6 computer
>>> that has a problem.
>>>
>>> But I should at least know how to make it play on this computer.
>>>
>> I think you are using the wrong app.
>>
>> Applications->Sound & Video->CD Player
>>
>> Primitive, but it works.
>>

> I have to say that xmms has been my favourite player for years, but I can't
> get it to behave well under FC6.  Just about every other player works better.
>
> Anne

Ok, thanks for the clues, with that information I was able to get an
application called 'sound juicer' to play the cd and determine that the
relatively new cd drive no longer works.  Seems as though it should be
in warranty if I can find the sales slip?

I never did get xmms connected to the CD.

Thanks for the help.

Bob Goodwin