Networked hard drive

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 23 17:16:58 UTC 2007

On Thursday 15 March 2007, Bryan Hepworth wrote:
> Frank Cox wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:30:09 +0000
> >
> > Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Freecom Classic SL
> >
> > This review:
> >
> > http://www.trustedreviews.com/networking/review/2005/07/31/Freecom-Classi
> >c-SL-Network-Drive/p2
> >
> > suggests that the drive you have requires a custom device driver of some
> > kind.
> >
> > For example, this sentence stands out:  "The Device Management software
> > is available for both Windows and Mac OS 10.x ."
>
> http://code.ximeta.com/trac-ndas/wiki/HowToBuildRPM
> http://code.ximeta.com/trac-ndas

Slight problem here.  The install instructions give rpm commands to install
ndas-kernel and ndas-admin.  The first is fine, but ndas-admin is not in the
tarball, and so far I haven't managed to find it on the trac-ndas site.
There is a ticket dated today, saying that the poster had a problem with
installing ndas-admin - but at least it seems that he found it.  Is anyone
using this?

Anne