Firefox-2.0.0.3 vs FC6?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 07:15:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 16:33 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko <at> greshko.com> writes:
> >> Well, not everything needs an installer or rpm.
> >
> > If you want to make a mess, sure... (An installer creates a mess too, by the
> > way. ALWAYS prefer an RPM for Fedora over some cross-distribution tarball or
> > installer which isn't adapted to Fedora and has no or bad uninstallation
> > support. The tarball/installer-installed software also won't be available as a
> > dependency to other packages.)
>
> Sorry to disappoint....but I've been at this long enough not to make a mess
> of things.  My prime rule is never make changes to the system with a Gin &
> Tonic within my reach.
>
> Weren't you taught *never* to use definitives like *always*.  :-)
Those are just as bad as "shoulds", which one shouldn't engage in. :)

I keep my tarred installs in /opt where it is nice and convenient to
keep track of, so I've had FX 2.0 and the beta 3.0 for ages, right there
with a working java, straight from the horse's mouth.

Nary a burp in the barrel. Ric
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net