Firefox-2.0.0.3 vs FC6?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Mar 24 19:12:01 UTC 2007

On Saturday 24 March 2007, Chris Jones wrote:
>> Oh yes, that exists, no problem.  But the repo control directory for
>> smart is both in a different location, its in a different format, so
>> it doesn't appear that I can just move the yum.repos.d file to the
>> smart tree without modifying things in an as yet un-explained to me
>> format.
>>
>> I wasn't saying that the yum.repos.d files were pure unobtainium, but
>> that the corresponding smart formatted files were.
>
>Ahh. I see. I personally have only ever used yum (although I admit
> playing with smart just now has got me interested)
>
>I tested it by removing firefox. 'yum install firefox' correctly wanted
> to bring in FF2 from remi, where as 'smart install firefox' was bring
> in 1.5 from fedora.
>
>Isn't smart supposed to be able to handle yum config files ?
>
>Chris

Good Q Chris.  I haven't actually moved one of them over to find out, but
they don't look much like each other in 'less'.  And right now I'm up to
my buns in alligators as I told someone earlier this afternoon it might
be an hour & a half to put a modchip kit in a PS2.  Hell, I've got more
than that in printing the instructions so far, 30 pages in hi-res on a
C82?  That borders on being masochistic, to the printer.  But that old
hockey puck just keeps asking for more paper and ink and otherwise keeps
on working.  Now in borderless since I put in the latest GutenPrint-5.1
snapshot about a month ago.  And I think some of the solder pads in the
PS2 are narrower than the smallest tip I have for my temp-controlled
iron, its 1/64th inch.  Definitely a steady hand and magnifying worklight
piece of work, and I haven't done any of that since I tried to retire in
2002.  With my creaky wrist joints, it could be quite a party.

So it will be a few hours before I can consider the question myself.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)