Firefox-2.0.0.3 vs FC6?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Mar 25 01:59:59 UTC 2007

Ric Moore:
>> Gene, I'm using smart after you mentioned it sometime ago, (thank you!)
>> and I have livna enabled in it. I think the deal is that you have to
>> edit livna.repo to be enabled, which is usually not done when using yum.
>> Then just use discretion when pulling up packages. smart is the cats
>> pajamas though, I really like it. Ric

Gene Heskett:
> So do I.  Its enough faster than yum to impress me, and it seems to handle
> dependencies a bit better.  AND, it has yet to trash the ___db* files for
> me.  Something yum seems to do about every 3rd time I run it via the
> yumex gui.

I can't say that I've ever had yum screw the RPM database up, but I have
had yumex get itself into a tangle (the RPM database was fine, but it
took some effort to knock yumex out of its stupidity before I could
carry on doing anything related to RPM), but I have had that
yum-updatesd thing that runs after the initial install of FC6 screw up
RPM royally.

I'm not sure whether I'd class that as a RPM fault (it shouldn't screw
up, no matter what's using it), a YUM fault (if it's involved with yumex
or yum-updatesd), or just down to those extra applications in
themselves.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.