Double summer time?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200703 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 01:17:47 UTC 2007

"Andreas (Andy) Roddau" <aroddau at look.ca> writes:
> My PC changed twice on March 11th.  Once when I started up with Linux and
> the second time was when I booted to XP.

This is why one really wants to run the pc in UTC.

su root
system-config-time
select "timezone" tab
check "System clock uses UTC"
click "ok"
service ntpd restart

There may be some way to change MS to use UTC, but I only use that OS
on my laptop when I need to load new firmware into various
peripherals.  For the few minutes that takes, I'll just pretend I'm in
Grenwich England.

MS may attempt to change time on you, but ntpd will just change it
back the first time you boot into fedora.

-wolfgang