Slow graphics performance

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 27 09:03:19 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 03:09 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

> Les, have you installed the latest kmod-nvidia when yumupdate sneaked a
> new kernel on ya?
>
> yum -y --enablerepo livna install kmod-nvidia
> ... then to make sure SELinux plays nice, in a root terminal type:
> setsebool -P allow_execstack=1    <hit enter>
> setsebool -P allow_execmod=1      <hit enter>
>
> Stanton Finley has a step by step on his site for FC5 which works as
> well for FC6.
> http://www.stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html#nVidia
>
> He's got a pile of useful stuff there. Check it out! :) Ric
>
> --
HI, Ric and Jonathan,
	I had done this before, but I guess that somehow the nvidia driver was
wiped out by and update or something, and I didn't catch it.  I have run
some of them wihtout looking at what was being updated (I know, I
know... DUHHH!!!)  But you live and you learn!

Thanks to both of you and any others that contributed to this issue
before I got this sent.

Regards,
Les H