Dell to sell Linux PCs

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Tue Mar 27 10:01:02 UTC 2007

At 10:32 27/03/2007, you wrote:

>I didn't read in the article anything about the price of Windows
>getting allowed off the price of the box.  Revealing the OS as a
>cost, putting a figure on it and putting a radiobutton next to it
>allowing to choose Linux instead and save that money would be a
>momentous change that would have major ramifications in uptake.
>
>-Andy

This company:-

http://www.novatech.co.uk

quotes lower prices for PCs without windows, but they don't offer
Linux installs as an alternative at the checkout page, just no
operating system at all.

Maybe we could try to persuade them to provide a link to a suitable
open source operating system against the no operating system option.

Dave