Double summer time?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Mar 27 14:13:28 UTC 2007

Mogens Kjaer wrote:

>> I've never really understood this question asked during installation:
>> "Does your computer use UTC" (or something like that).
>> How does one determine the answer?
>>

> Look at the time in the BIOS.

I looked in the BIOS,
and there is nothing there to say if it is or is not using UTC.

> You would use UTC=YES on a Linux-only machine, and UTC=NO
> on a dualboot (Linux/Windows) machine.

If that is a correct answer, then this simply confirms my view
that this is a silly question to ask during installation.

How is the user meant to determine the answer to the question?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366