FC6 - Limit to SCSI IDs?

John Penk johnpenk7 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 18:10:58 UTC 2007

 Hello -

I'm working with Fedora Core 6.  Is it possible to run out of SCSI IDs?  By this I mean, when I plug in a USB device, it gets recognized as a SCSI device and gets a file in /proc/scsi/usb-storage.  The filename is the SCSI ID associated with that device.  I also see that same ID when looking at /proc/scsi/scsi.

I'm going to be plugging in hundreds/thousands of usb devices without rebooting my system and I'm wondering if I'll get to a point where the SCSI ID can't be incremented anymore.

Thanks!
JP