Problem booting up laptop after update under FC5

ArcosCom Linux User linux at arcoscom.com
Tue Mar 27 18:24:47 UTC 2007

I updated a laptop (yum update) without problems, but when rebooting, the
laptop stop in "Starting udev".

I tried adding "1" into grub kernel line with no success.

I tried pushing "i" before "starting udef" with no success.

Taking a view into /etc/udev/rules.d directory in another FC5 machine, I
can see that (in the other machine) exists "alsa.rules" files, modified in
march 20.

Could anybody help me please?
Any kernel parameter to help me diagnose the problem?

The laptop has no cd-rom, only floppy disk and usb ports. I'm creating a
SLAX BOOTABLE PENDRIVE to allow me boot the laptop and make changes into
the system by hand, but I don't know how to diagnose udev locks.

Please, I need help to solve this problem, I need the laptop to work.

Thanks