rsync access download of fedora unity ??

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 28 10:58:41 UTC 2007

François Patte wrote:
> David Timms a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the release dvd.iso, and I'm sure that rsync would provide a huge
>> bandwidth saving by renaming the release iso to the name of the unity
>> iso and then syncing on top of it.
>>
>> Is there any rsync access to the fedora unity respins ?
>
> rsync is a xinetd service:
> 1) have you xinetd installed?
> 2) is resync enabled in xinetd.d/rsync ?
>
> All xinetd services are disabled by default.
Ooops,

I meant to say I want to download the unity dvd iso from the internet.
This is available as a torrent, but this would mean downloading the
whole 3GB file.

On the other hand, if there is an rsync source for it then I'm sure the
download wil by 1/100th or less of the full dvd size.

Is there an rsync: download source for the unity respins ?

Thanks, DavidT.