Minicom - data is corrupted between two PC's ??

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu Mar 29 00:17:32 UTC 2007

David Timms wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> Did you remember to change to Software Flow Control to yes and
>> Hardware Flow Control to no in the port setup on both machines? The
>> default is hareware flow control, and that is not going to work with
>> a 3-wire cable.
> I have both hw and sw hs set to off. In windows, this is how I have
> always used it at 115200, with zero problems. Is linux not so good in
> this regard ?

It depends on what else you have running. You will usually run into
problems if you have just booted the system because of the system
"housekeeping" tasks that get run. It is less of a problem on a
system that has been up and running for a while. The again, I have
always used some form of flow control on serial connections going
all the way back to running CP/M. (I prefer hardware flow control.)

Mikkel