Managing print queues

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 06:43:28 UTC 2007

Hello, all you happy people.

I'm sure I'm missing something here -- how are you supposed to manage
print queues in FC6 without dropping to a terminal?

For example, suppose you've sent something to print, realise the
printer's out of paper, and decide you'll do without the print -- how do
you cancel the job?

In a terminal, it's easy -- lpq shows you the outstanding jobs, and lprm
deletes them. Assuming it's *your* job, you don't even need to be root.

But there doesn't seem to be an obvious GUI to handle that, apart from
http://localhost:631 (the CUPS web interface).

For what it's worth, the main desktop is Gnome, but I'd be interested in
any GUI.

Thanks,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | The succeeding player has to miss a turn. As no-one's
aprilcottage.co.uk | succeeded, we'll carry on.