remove evolution-data-server question

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Mar 29 15:20:48 UTC 2007

Robert Locke wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 11:48 -0400, linuxmaillists at charter.net wrote:
>> On Tuesday 27 March 2007, Robert Locke wrote:
>>> On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 16:34 -0400,
>> linuxmaillists at charter.net wrote:
>>> For someone who is not using Gnome, you certainly have a
>>> lot of Gnome packages installed on your machine....
>>> <grin>
>> Not any more <BIG GRIN> with a series of careful uninstalls
>> I was able to figure out what GNOME apps I actually use,
>> that would be uninstalled because of dependency, I was able
>> to unistall what I did not want without losing what I did
>> want.
>>

> Congrats....  Now if we could just figure out a way to get all the KDE
> folks to abandon their foolishness and just use Gnome this wouldn't have
> been a problem in the first place....  <evil, evil grin>
>
> --Rob

Funny, with all the changes that are occurring in Gnome, I am moving to
KDE.  I don't like the "Windows" feel of Gnome 2.16 but for those that
are "Windows" fans, this would be an easy move.  I find that the ability
to control my desktop the way I want isn't so easy any more.  Heck, just
losing the right click for a terminal window was a major shock with many
new folders being created.  Yeah, I have installed the right click
terminal RPM.

I have other reasons but I don't want to get into a rant.  :)

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.