Nameserver Problem

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Mar 30 02:50:20 UTC 2007

Tony Nelson wrote:

>> 1.  Remove the /etc/resolv.conf
>> 2.  Create a /etc/hosts file that contains all of the information needed and
>> that includes all of the servers that host may need to contact for testing
>> purposes.
>> 3.  Edit the /etc/nsswitch and change the "hosts" line to have "files" only.
>
> Thanks, but that wasn't the question, and it raises its own difficult
> questions.  I'll wait for Tim.

Gee....

OK, the question was how can I set up a nameserver without knowing or
wanting to know anything about a nameserver and without reading and
understanding the documentation.

Then, yes, please wait for someone to do it for you.

--
I used to be a FUNDAMENTALIST, but then I heard about the HIGH RADIATION
LEVELS and bought an ENCYCLOPEDIA!!